Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shakespeare in the Park and Twelfth Night

My roommate Carrie, her husband Eric, my other roommate rosemary and a few other girls went to see Shakespeare in the Park on one rainy day in June. the crazy thing about June this year is it rained almost every day.

You have to sit in line to get tickets. the tickets are free so people get there very early, like around 6am. I didn't get there till 10am and I had no hopes of getting in the line. but the rain had deterred enough people that the line was hardly long at all. there was a man I was sitting next to and he was reading in the paper and found an article that stated the rain had fallen 18 out of the 21 or so days of June. that is just simply crazy for New York.

In the Play Twelfth Night there are a few lines that talk about rain, "and the rain it raineth every day" is one of them. when those lines were said during the performance the whole audience chuckled with laughter.

after the show I waited to meet Anne Hathaway who play Viola the lead. so this is my picture of us both!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky!!! Anne H is one of my favorites!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Sounds like you are having a great experience. Can't wait to hear all about it. Keep up the posting.

    ReplyDelete