Friday, July 31, 2009

In the land of the Arabian Sun

hello dear family and blog readers, so `i am in my 3rd destination stop on my trip. And yes, that stop just happens to be in the grand old arab emirates, Dubai to be exact and it is the sun that they live on for sure! my flight was great `i sat by a nice lady from Sweden, Carolee `i told her about how you lived there and why. she new exactly what `i was talking about. :) she teaches the equivilent of jr. high in sweden and she loves it. she said she was thinking of inviting different people of different faiths to talk about their religion and beliefs. It was so nice talking to her she has two daughters and her name is Helena. I told her about the Book of Mormon and shared with her Moroni's Promise.

Today I went to Church in Dubai and yes it is Friday here in Dubai. Since because of the majority of Muslim population and islamic Sabath is Friday, here in the gulf the church meets on Fridays.

ps.. pictures will have to come after my trip cause `i will have to transfer my pictures to my computer when `i get back! sorry `;( boo

I'm currently sitting in the office of my friends who are pastry chefs and typing on the computer. I haven't had a cupcake yet, but `i will. ;)

2 comments:

  1. What's up with that previous comment??? Maybe we all need private blogs...

    WHAT UP CAR!!! So glad your trip is going well. WE LOVE YOU!!! Best of luck with the heat. XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carlynne,
    Glad to see you made it and everything's going well. I was getting a little worried when I hadn't seen you post anything yet. Take care and see you when you return!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete